. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Happy New Year!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and kicking off the New Year with a bang! Of course, again I haven't written since July. My poor 2nd child has no documentation of her growth or silly things she is doing, so I wanted to just give a little 2013 round up on the kids and share some pics from the holidays! 

The biggest thing to mention is that we just moved from Austin back to the Big D!  Well, sorta...we're out in the burbs in Frisco.  We already miss Austin and all of our great friends there, but super happy to be back near our friends and family here!  

 Elise Cassidy - 22 months old 
-She is not shy. She'll tell you "I tooted" or even better, she'll call the family out (even in public)..."Daddy tooted" 
-Goo Goo is a really silly nickname from when she was a baby and now it's taken on a life of it's own. Everyone calls her Goo Goo and now she even talks in the 3rd person with things like "That's Goo Goo's baby". We need to make that one die, so she's not 16 and still going by Goo Goo :) 
-She is self Potty Training which is crazy to me. She is such a copy cat with her brother and in this case it's awesome. She is not consistent, but proactively going. I'll be super pumped when I'm in a diaper free house!! 
-Out of now where she started saying "Bless You" if you sneeze. 
-In the morning she'll out of no where say "Good Morning, Mommy" 
-Her vocabulary is just crazy to me. She is not even 2 and she is talking in full sentences, has good manners (please and thank you) and actually has a really silly sense of humor. 
 -She is going to daycare part time and spending the other days with Jo Jo (Blake's mom). Boston thinks she has 2 schools...I hate to lie, but there is no way it would fly with Boston if he knew Elise got to spend half the week with Jo Jo. He would be all over that! She cry's every time we drop her off at daycare and literally runs out the door with JoJo! 

 Boston Alan - 3 (almost 4 years old) 
-Boston is getting to be such a big boy. The things he says and come up with blow my mind every day. It's like he's a little man, rather than a little boy. With that is coming some attitude, which is awesome, NOT! This new phase may cause a few gray hairs, but by the time I stress out about it, it will hopefully be over. That's usually the way it rolls :) 
-He is super great with his sister. He told me the other day that she is his "best friend". They LOVE and FIGHT hard, which I assume will not change anytime soon. They are either hugging and kissing or pushing and clawing at each other. There is definitely never a dull moment around here! 
-Lately he started asking for "Fresh Donuts" on Saturday morning. Living close to Blake's parents has been a huge blessing in so many ways, so now BePaw (Blake's dad) has made a weekend ritual of bringing donuts to the kids. It's so fun to have them so close. 
-He is a smart cookie. He doesn't forget anything and you can't sneak anything passed him anymore.  And he comes up with a lot of ridiculous things too...like last night he couldn't go to bed because his "pillows were too cold"...ummm, what?

Video: White Trash Sledding during Icemaggedon
Video: Yelling at the Cookies (just a little taste of my CRAY kids)

And some fun holiday pics!  The Idol's came in for Christmas and then my family, including my Omi, came in on New Years!  It's been busy and fun!  I'm sad it's all over, but I'm also pumped for a new year!!

Since I'm so behind...we'll start with Halloweeny!  Trick or treat, smell my feet!
Getting bundled up...
 ...because it's Icemageddon 2013!  Someone wasn't a big fan of the snow/ice!
 And we fast forward to Christmas Eve!  Kids acting silly in their new chairs from PaPa and Omi.
 Check me out...
 Christmas Day at the JoJo and BePaw's!
 The Idol's + Mikwon (we got a bonus visitor for Christmas)!
 The Dudes!
 My main squeeze...
 Silly pic of the Bern/Idol fam!
Elise Sandwich with JoJo and Omi!
 My Omi with Elise...so sweet!
 And with Boston!
 And the kiddies with their PaPa!

There, yay!  I feel accomplished now and signing off to kick 2014 in the booty!  I'll try to come back sooner this time!  xoxo Heather


No comments: