. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Monday, April 4, 2011

New Deck

I'm so happy!  Our new deck is all done!  We almost doubled it in size and also got new patio furniture.  I'll show you the progression of the build :)  The Bern's came in town to enjoy the new deck this past weekend and helped us put together all the new patio furniture...yay! 

Oh and one more thing.  Is anyone out there?  If anyone out there in this world of bloggy land is reading my posts...please feel free to leave a comment.  Lately, I feel like I could quite possibly just be writing into thin air :) Even you, Mom and Jo Jo... 

Here's a before pic I found, so you can see what the deck looked like before we started the job!
 Day 1 - you can see the darker wood in the frame is where the old deck was.
 Day 2 - movin' fast!
 Day 3 - Deck is done!  We extended it out and also had some bench seating built.  Now we need to have deck warming party :) 
 I will post a better AFTER pic when I get one.  I took this one tonight to show my parents and the lighting was not too great and it is raining pollen around here.  It's so gross and everything is bright yellow.  So, the brand new deck is already all nasty from it.  Can you see the little toot in this pic?
 Aunt Ninny swinging Boston
 Jo Jo and Bo Bo
 Jessica and me.  The Burkharts came over to hang out for a bit!
 And here's a few cute pics of the little man!  He has a hand fixation lately.  He will find one toy and hold on to it for hours.  In these pics he is obsessed with a bottle of bubbles :)


 Ninny and Jo Jo

3 comments:

TJ, Leslie, and Reese Ann said...

I'll comment! Love the deck! We're hoping to have one built soon. Your sweet baby looks like Yo Daddy! So cute. I can't believe he's so big already. When the next baby?!

Beth and Jon Arnold said...

Love the deck girl!! Looks awesome and Boston is looking SO much like your Dad, crazy! He is getting huge. I can't wait to relax on your patio furniture soon I hope:)

Mary Bern said...

We so enjoyed spending time with all of you on the new and improved deck. With Boston wanting to spend more and more time outside, you will really enjoy that deck. Please don't stop blogging. I love going back and looking at how Boston has grown and changed. The blog so helps us long distance grandparents. I am sure your parents will agree. BTW,I agree with your friends that he does look like your dad.