. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Elise Cassidy Bern is HERE!

We are proud to announce the arrival of Elise Cassidy Bern!  God has blessed us with the most perfect healthy baby girl.  It truly is amazing how your heart grows when you hold that new bundle of joy for the first time.  Big brother Boston is doing well!  It will take some adjusting to being a family of four, but I'm sure we'll get the hang of it.  Yesterday he gave her a few pats and said 'Hi Baby'!  It was really sweet.  Today he wasn't quite sure what to think when he came to visit.  He really didn't want much to do with her.  I think it will get a little easier when we get home.  Little sister bought Boston a present today.  It was a Bus with Elmo and The Count.  He LOVES's buses.  Every truck/bus/18-wheeler (basically anything really big) is a Bus and he yells it "BUUUSSSSSSS".  


Here are our love bugs birth stats:

Born: 2.15.12 @ 1:17pm
Weight: 7lb. 15 oz.
Length: 20.5 in.

This labor/birth was WAY easier than last time around.  They are almost the exact same size (Boston was 7lb. 13.oz and 20.75 in. long).  You can see Boston's birth post here.  I think they look a lot alike.  Ok...back to a short version of the birth story without TMI :)  With Boston my epidural wasn't working quite like it should at the end, so I felt EVERYTHING.  And folks, it didn't feel good.  This time I learned my lesson.  I was given Pitocin at 6am and my doc came it to break my water at 7am.  I was feeling the contractions pretty good as we were getting close even with the epidural, so I asked for more meds (about noon).  The Anesthesiologist came in and gave me a higher concentrated dose about 30 minutes before I started pushing and then I gave myself an additional pump of meds about 10 minutes before it all started. I really hate the way my legs feel so numb, but the alternative is a whole lotta pain, so I'll take the numb legs!  And on to the best part...I pushed for maybe 10 minutes and our sweet angel was here.  I couldn't believe it and I didn't feel a thing.  I know someone wants to slap me in the face right now for bragging about this, but trust me, it was way different with Boston, so I feel like I deserve to brag this time around :)

So, finally to the good part!  Enjoy some pics of our sweet Elise!

Getting measured!
 Giving her footprints
 Daddy and Elise
 Mommy and Elise
 Just after bath time
 Hanging out with Daddy
 Elise and JoJo
 Bro and Sis (and Boston's BUUSSS)
 Boston and Elise, again!
 Boston being silly 
 My angel and me
 I love this one!
 Yawning
 This one is right after she was born and she's got some junk still on her face, but it's too stinkin' cute not to share :)
The Burkharts came to visit!
 Mama kissing her baby girl
 1st ride in the car coming home from the hospital!




1 comment:

Just Keeping it Real said...

Congrats to all! She looks like a little doll! From Jojo's co-worker CIA Cindy