Boston
I have to first brag a little on Boston. We were a little scared when we first got home from the hospital with Elise that this was going to be a super tough transition for him. I think it will still take some time to get fully adjusted, but he has gotten better on a daily basis and his teachers at daycare said he was so well-behaved and an all around rock star this past week. We are in full fledged terrible two mode, so this is great news! Even at home, he has been a joy to be around and sweet to his sister. He has still had some visits to time out, but Blake and I have been working on choosing our battles and being consistent. I think that has helped too! He is so sweet to his sister when he gives her lots of kisses and brings her things. He usually does this when she is sleeping. He'll toss things on her like a package of facial wipes, her blanket, a rattle and puzzle pieces, just to name a few :) He is trying to be such a big helpful brother. She is going to be able to sleep through anything. Boston has one volume and it is LOUD!
Boston's 2 Year stats (18 month stats here)
Weight: 27.4 lbs (35th percentile)
Height: 34.25 in (50th percentile)
He got to get on the grown up scale and stand to measure his height for the first time.
I'll list a few cute/new things Boston is doing at this age:
-He has lots of words. He isn't forming full on sentences, but he definitely has a lot to say.
-He calls a horse a 'Neigh' (the noise it makes) and a duck 'Wa' (since it lives in the water). It's funny how his little brain works.
-He LOVES Puppies and Buses. He used to only say 'No', but has recently started to say 'Yes', when it's the appropriate answer. If you ask him if he wants a puppy or a bus, he cocks his head over as if he's thinking and he'll look at you real casually and say 'Yeah', while shaking his head yes. I need to get this on video. It's real real funny.
-He is doing great in his big boy bed. For a while, he was trying to escape at night right when we leave the room, so we would hold the door shut. He would try the door
-He loves to play outside and go to the park. We try our hardest to keep him outside, or else he would sit in front of the TV all day. Yesterday at the park, he was spinning round and round on this sit and spin thing. When he got off, he looked like a drunken sailor. Blake and I were dying laughing watching him stumble and fall around. I wish I had video of it.
-Before bath time he streaks around the house naked. You have to chase him and catch him to get him into the bath. It cracks me up every time.
-He loves older kids and loves to copy cat what they are doing.
-He still loves to read. He gets to read 2 books before bed and always tries to sneak in a 3rd.
Elise
Elise is just precious! It is crazy to have a sweet little baby again and even crazier to have a 2 year old running around to boot. She is a really good baby. I remember saying that about Boston and thinking there is no way God would bless us with two good babies. She barely cries. She really only fusses when she is hungry, which if she is awake, is ALL the time. The first week she was wanting to eat every hour on the hour. It has shifted closer to 1 1/2 to 2 hours the past week. Since her weight gain is so good, her pediatrician said we can start pushing her to longer intervals. Yay! When they are so itty bitty, I figure there are on rules and she gets to eat when she wants, but I'm happy to push it a little. She is literally sucking the life out of me. Now, with that said, she is a rock star when she is sleeping. She will go 4-5 hours at night between feedings. So, I figure I would rather have her eating frequently during the day and sleeping well at night. I think as she gets older and more alert the daytime feedings will naturally get better! Boston was always a 3 hour kind of guy, but he also fussed a little more :) I think back to when Boston was little and if he woke up to eat at 6am, we could just go back to sleep until 8am. Those days are over with a toddler in the house. He comes busting in to our room with his loud self around 6:30am and pretty much forces everyone to start their day!
Elise's 2 week stats:
Weight: 8 lbs 8 oz (75th percentile)
Height: 20 in (40th percentile) she shrunk since she was born
Noggin: 38 cm (98th percentile)
She has gained 9 oz since she was born, which is pretty amazing. This is part of the reason I do not have to wake her to eat and can push her a little bit more during the day. Generally, babies barely get back to the their original birth weight by their 2 week appointment. As for her head...I don't remember getting a measurement at the hospital, but it is huge! Our pedi even wants us to come by in a month to have it checked. He said not to worry and that if it grows consistently, all is fine, but since it is so large he wants to keep an eye on it. If for some reason, the growth is not consistent, they would do an ultrasound on her noggin. We will keep you posted on this one! Please pray for her big head.
Here's a few sweet details about Elise:
-She smells so good, like a baby. I don't know what it is about a baby, but yummm! I just want to eat her up. (or as my mom woud say, she wants to lick her...that's where I draw the line :)
-She is starting to crack a few smiles. I swear it's not just gas.
-She hates to get her clothing changed (just like her brother). It amazes me that even at two it is a surprise every night that we have to put our jammies on. I guess that is all kids.
-She is going to be able to sleep through anything with the noise level and as much as she gets messed with around here.
-She likes being swaddled, but doesn't care too much about a paci at this point.
-Her cord fell out a week ago.
And finally, if you are even still reading this (and if you are thanks for reading), here is a link to the sneak peak of Elise's newborn pics. Wildhouse Photography Blog When I receive them all, I will post some more. Tali, who also did Boston's pics, came last weekend and did an AMAZING job. We got some great family pics and the most presh pics of Elise!
1 comment:
Fantastic update! I have so many of these similar worries about two (someday). Walt was a GREAT baby. Is it possible to repeat?? And Walt also had (and still has) an enormous cranium. It's off the charts. And he turned out ok :) Hoping there's just lots of intelligence in Elise's sweet head.
Post a Comment