. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Monday, June 18, 2012

Elise is 4 months old!

Elise had her 4 month check up on Friday.  I can't believe she is already 4 months old.   We got the go ahead for sunscreen, bug spray and to start some rice cereal!  Woohoo!  Stay tuned for some first time eating pics.  She just started daycare last week and she is rocking it.  She is doing great with her schedule and seems very happy whenever I pick her up. 


On a more serious note: After her last appointment at 2 months we referred to an ENT for a small little whole in her neck.  We found out that it is a branchial cleft fistula and it needs to be surgically removed when she is 6 months old.  Hopefully it is a non-event, but please pray for a seamless surgery and great recovery. 


Elise 4 month stats: (link to Boston's 4 months stats)
Weight: 14 lbs (75%)
Height: 25" (75%)
Noggin: 43cm (95%)


A few new things about my little lovey:


-She loves to goo and gaa and smile.  If you bury your face in her armpit or neck and make a funny noise, she belly laughs.
-She loves to look at herself in the mirror.
-She is learning how to roll over.  She has flipped over to her stomach a couple times in her crib and has been sleeping on her side some.
-She is officially un-swaddled as of last week.  I was really nervous about this because Boston had a tough time.  We had to start with one arm out, then both arms out and still swaddle his body for a long time or else he would keep waking up.  I just popped Elise in a sleep slack one night last week and she didn't make a peep all night.  After few nights of that, I took the sleep sack off and just put her in jammies and same thing.  Not a PEEP!  Yay!
-She does great sitting up in the bumbo and we just starting putting her in the exersaucer. Boston got a little jealous of the exersaucer...told her "no baby no" and wanted a turn.  I put him in it for a minute and he got real bored real quick, so hopefully he's over that.  Actually, the weird thing is Boston also still sits in the Bumbo.  I think because he is so skinny minny.  He sits in it to watch TV sometimes. 
-She has a really strong grasp and has been yanking on my hair...oh joy!
-And she loves her silly brother.  He get's in her face and kisses and hugs her.  He's gentle 'most' of the time.  Every once in a while she'll cry because he puts all of his body weight on her.  But he has started to say "I'm sawwy", so then he'll pat her head and in the sweetest little voice, say "I'm sawwwy, baby".  Melts my heart!


And of course, enjoy some recent pics of both kiddos!




 Boston at the petting zoo with a guinea pig

Jammie Time!  Bo has crazy morning hair...

Exersaucer pics :)

 My little guy watering plants 
 and sweeping
 and trying my new birthday boots on!
 And last but not least.  Happy Father's Day to the best Dad in this universe!  Here was the finished product from this little photo sesh.  I'll post some of the bloopers/favorites, too!











No comments: