. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Merry Merry and Happy Happy!  I've got another big bloggy bloggy catch up.  I can't seem to keep up.   Hope everyone had a great holiday season celebrating with family. 

We went to Florida to spend Christmas with the Cassidy's.  It was a great trip.  At Boston's request, we threw a birthday party for Jesus.  When you asked him what he wanted for Christmas he would say "A Birthday Party, Cupcakes and Jammies".  So what did we do?  Bought cupcakes and balloons and threw a birthday party for Jesus in jammies.  We let Boston blow out the candles and he loved it.  I think we'll keep this one as an awesome family tradition moving forward. He is already inviting everyone he talks to to his birthday party.  I keep reminding him that it's 6 weeks away.  There will be a lot of pent up demand! (My sis in law took a bunch of Christmas photo's.  I'll come back and add them to this post once I get them from her.  I decided not to lug my big camera to FL with 2 kids in tow.) 

After our trip to FL, we came home to Austin for a day, unpacked, repacked and headed out to Frisco to do Christmas with the Bern's and Idol's.  It was also a fab time.  Boston, just like in FL, was very excited about his presents and also proceeded to open up everyone's else presents.  It was mass chaos.  He is like a tornado rolling through.  We headed home for New Years and a couple days of work.  Then we headed back to Dallas to see the Cotton Bowl. It was an amazing game and we even got to meet and get a pic with Rick Perry!  After rooting on Johnny Football and doing the Heisman pose about 40 times in aisle of the game, Blake informed me that this was the 4th most amazing day of his life.  The 1st was our wedding, and 2nd and 3rd the birth of each of our kids.  I think it's clear he had the time of his life!

I'm going to post a whole bunch of pics of the holidays and I'll narrate. 

Elise started sticking her tongue out on command.  It's pretty funny!

 Toy box fun!
 Johnny Heisman
 Naughty pants!  I turn around and this kid is on top of my car.  
Like brother, like sister.  Elise had an allergic reaction to meds she was on for a double ear infection.  This is surprisingly my first ear infection EVER between both kids.  It is MIS-RAH-BULL!  She broke out in this rash from head to toe.  It was awful and crazily Boston had the same exact thing happen to him at about the same age.  You can see the pics here Boston's Post.
The week before we started all of our traveling, we took the kids to the Trail of Lights at Zilker Park.  It was so awesome!  Boston LOVES Christmas lights, so it was a fun treat!  We got all bundled up!

 My sweet Goo Goo in the tub!
Leaving on a jetplane...going to see my Family in FLO-RIDA!
Not your typical Christmas family pic!
Blake and I went with my Omi to visit my Opa's grave Christmas Eve Day.  I had never been to a military cemetery.  It was neat to see and all the graves had beautiful fresh Christmas wreaths.  We love and miss you my Opa!
Elise's 1st Christmas.   She was overwhelmed by the presents.  She didn't do too much ripping.  Her brother was so helpful, that she barely had to lift a finger. I don't have any pics of my family since Lindsey took most of the pictures. I'll be posting them soon! 
 My dudes!
 Sweet pic.  Boston opening presents and Elise looking up at him.
 Superman Cape with a "B" in it from Santa!
 Uncle Clay blowing up the balloons for Jesus' birthday party!
Blowing out the candles at Jesus' B.day Party!
 Omile and Elise after bath time!
This cracks me up.  My mom has a phone in her bathroom and every time Boston was on the pot, he was pretend "talking" to someone.  The 1st day there, the phone actually rang and he answered.  He told one of my mom's friends that he was pooping in the potty and then hung up on her.  Good one buddy :)
 My sweeties on Christmas morning in their jammies!
Elise is eating real people food, just cut up real small.  She was chowing down here! 
Visit with Santa!  Elise rocked it for her 1st time.  A few weeks ago Boston acted scared, we had a talk with him about how Santa isn't scary and somehow it worked.  When we were waiting in line, he must have yelled "Hi Santa!" at the top of his lungs about 16 times.  It was really funny!
 Papa and Elise after she met Santa.
There was still snow on the ground when we got to Frisco.  They had a white Christmas.  I got to snap a pic of the kiddies!
Chris and the kids made a family of snowmen!  
 Charlsie opening gifts!
Drama King.  I think he was opening someone else's gift and got told no.  LOL, like he didn't have enough.  
 Our sweet little Lovey!
 Anthony and his Fat Head!
 Boston couldn't make it through presents without trying on some new Spiderman Jammies!
Be Paw opening a present! We all got one of these for our respective college's!  
Sassy!
Elise in Charlsie's new suitcase!
The Idol Fam
 My Goo!
I got to meet sweet Anna Grace.  Brittany had her on 12/12/12.  Congrats to the Code Fam!  She is just perfect.  I got a good yawn. :)
We went to the LaRose's one night and Boston was pushing Coley around in a baby stroller.  We all had a good time!
 Bow head!
We also snuck in an awesome date night and went to see the Randy Rogers Band and spend the night in Ft. Worth!  It was a blast.
Cotton Bowl!! We had Fab tix!
 And dun, da, da, duhhh!  Gov. Rick Perry, y'all!
Blake and Chris...these suits had motor's that blew them up.  That's all.
 Britt and Julie came over for a play date.  Here's Rainey, Bo and Stella!  Sweet kids.

And last but not least!  Here is a sweet video of Elise.  She is doing a little walky walky business with a walker and then she shows off her clapping skills at the end!  


Ok, I'm exhausted after just writing this post!  We are finally home and don't have plans to leave for a while!  Boston starts soccer next week, which should be a hoot and his class pet guinea pig, Piggy Pig, is coming to stay with us for the weekend!  

No comments: